Woodcrest Surgery Center is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art equipment. Here is a glimpse into the exciting technology we utilize.
The culmination of thousands of collaborative research hours with surgeons and OR staff, the Centurion® Vision System delivers cutting-edge performance through a series of design innovations.
With proprietary features designed to improve patient outcomes, enhance surgical control and provide a smoother procedure overall, refractive cataract surgery will never be the same.
- Graphic user interface (GUI):
- - Displays essential data at all times
- - Easy access to adjustable parameters for efficient customization
- Wireless remote: Allows technicians the ability to control the machine from different areas within the OR. Snap focus keys interact with the GUI.
- HD Monitor: 17-inch adjustable touch screen interface allows for easy visibility from within the OR.
- Adjustable tray: Neutral setup provides accessibility for OD/OS procedures.
- Rotating work surface: For easy surgical flexibility.
- Task light: Provides convenient illumination whenever it’s needed during the procedure.
- Wheels: Three-inch wheels with locking casters provide cord protection and easy OR setup.
- Foot handle: Allows surgeons and techs the ability to easily move the machine after scrubbing in.
Alcon INFINITI Phacoemulsification System
Phacoemulsification is a process used in cataract surgery in which the internal lens of the eye is emulsified with an ultrasonic handpiece and then aspirated from the eye.
After the cataract is removed, a folded intra-ocular lens (IOL) is inserted through the micro-incision, then unfolded and locked into permanent position. The small incision is self-sealing and usually requires no stitches. This type of incision heals quickly and provides a much more comfortable recuperation.
We've chosen the INFINITI phaco system because the increased flexibility and options provide our surgeons with more control over the procedure. The new technology associated with this system also may reduce the risk of thermal burns and other potential complications related to cataract surgery.
LEICA M844 Microscope System
The Leica M844 is the premium surgical microscope system for ophthalmology. Optimal lighting conditions are provided by a direct halogen illumination system for improved contrast and Red Reflex.
The microscope provides the best preconditions for safe, fatigue-free work and is one of the reasons the Leica M844 remains the surgeons of Woodcrest Surgery Center microscope system of choice. This system is the ideal answer to the challenges your surgeon will face in ophthalmic microsurgery.